There’s no doubt most people would be happy to find out their office is giving them a raise, but it turns out some people are so desperate for a bump in their salary they’re willing to give up a lot to get one.
A new poll asked 1,238 employed Americans how much they would be willing to give up for an immediate 10% raise and you may be surprised by some of the answers. For example, 34.98% of Americans would actually give up their right to vote in all elections for life, while 9.13% would give up their child's or future child's right to vote in all elections for life.
Other things folks would do for a raise include:
- 88.61% would give up watching "Game of Thrones" for life
- 73.42% would give up all alcoholic beverages for the next five years
- 53.55% would give up all social media accounts for the next five years
- 50.4% would work one day every weekend for the next year
- 47.74% would give up all caffeinated products for the next two years
- 43.86% would give up exercise for the next five years
- 40.06% would give up dental care for the next five years
- 18.9% would give up access to health insurance for the next five years
- 17.93% would give up Social Security benefits for the next two years
- 15.27% would give up all of their vacation days for the next five years
- 12.2% would break up with their partner or significant other
- 5.33% would eat a single tide pod
Source: Lend EDU