It was a battle between "Dunkirk" and "The Emoji Movie" at the box office this weekend. In the end, the Christopher Nolan movie bested the animated flick, potentially due in part to lackluster reviews for "The Emoji Movie." "Girls Trip" only fell to third place while "Atomic Blonde," the other new release this weekend, finished in fourth place...which is just about where it was expected to fall. "Spider-Man: Homecoming" rounded out the top five.
- "Dunkirk" - $28.1-million
- "The Emoji Movie" - $25.65-million
- "Girls Trip" - $20-million
- "Atomic Blonde" - $18.6-million
- "Spider-Man: Homecoming" - $13.45-million