"Wonder Woman" didn't just meet expectations, it surpassed them. The Patty Jenkins-directed blockbuster brought in north of $100-million, breaking the record for the highest grossing movie directed by a female. "Wonder Woman" also breathed some air into a summer box office that's been slugging along. Meanwhile, the other new release of the weekend, "Captain Underpants," opened in a very distant second place.
- "Wonder Woman" - $100.5-million
- "Captain Underpants" - $23.5-million
- "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" - $21.6-million
- "The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" - $9.7-million
- "Baywatch" - $8.5-million