For local residents that have failing sewage systems on their property, there may be funding help available.  Job and Family Services is handling applications for these repairs.   If you fall in the 100% poverty level, your system will be replaced with full payment by a grant.   If your family is at 200% of the poverty level, you only pay 15% of the cost.   And anyone at 300% of the poverty level would pay 50% of the project.

                   There is also the requirement that you own and live in the home where the sewage problems occur.              About a dozen Henry County residents have applied from the areas around Napoleon, Liberty Center, Holgate, Deshler and more.                       Once income guidelines have been established, the Henry County health department sanitarian will inspect to see what level of improvements are needed.           Your first contact should be the local Job and Family Services office.